Visit a Local Congressional Office
Members of Congress have staff and offices in their home states as well as in Washington, DC. Organize a visit to one of these offices to bring attention to issues critical to the PH community and the individuals impacted by PH.
Before Your Visit
- Find out who your Members of Congress are, their contact information and whether or not they've co-sponsored PH legislation in the past. Watch this video
- Make the appointment! Call your Member of Congress’ office and ask when they would be available to meet with you. Not sure what to say? Use these handy call scripts
- Check out these easy talking points you can use to during your visit.
During Your Visit
- Plan out what you want to say to your Member of Congress or staff person in advance, as meetings tend to be brief.
- Make sure you share your PH story. Some Members of Congress or staff members may be unfamiliar with pulmonary hypertension. Tell them about your diagnosis, the medications you take, and the cost of managing your PH.
- Here are some tips for a successful visit. These guidelines will help you know out how to dress, who to bring on your visit and how to manage the meeting.
After Your Visit
- Don’t forget to follow up! Use these sample thank you scripts to follow-up with your Members of Congress after your meeting.