Information Technology Internship
Available for Spring & Summer, 2015
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA’s Information Technology internship offers students a structured experience working with PHA’s staff to assist with computer and technology needs. The internship will prepare the intern for a career in the information technology field by providing a better understanding of the overall professional office environment as well as technology needs of a non-profit.
- Gain valuable experience in the field of information technology
- Assist in the creation of a detailed technology policy and procedure manual
- Update inventory database (Access skills a plus)
- Assist with end of year purchases and integration of items into our system
- Provide help desk support to staff as needed
- Assist with the 2015 budget process
- Other duties as assigned
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member. Our office is a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this.
- Have an interest in information technology
- Strong writing skills
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be enthusiastic about working as part of a team; be able to work independently
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for PHA, a resume and a 3-6 page writing sample. Cover letters can be addressed to Jessica Ritter, Associate Director, IT and Office Operations. Applications are only accepted through PHA's online Internship Application Form.