Medical Education: Digital Media Internship
Available Summer 2014
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA Online University is an educational resource for healthcare professionals emphasizing the latest in diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension. PHA’s Digital Media Internship offers students a structured experience working with the Medical Education team to support PHA Online University. Through mixed audiovisual, print, and social media, medical professionals can access everything they need for PH-related medical resources. Our goal is for PHA Online University to serve as a hub for PH specialists who wish to sharpen their skills, and also serve as an important means of raising awareness about PH among the medical community.
- Assist in shaping the Online University’s marketing and outreach to medical physicians through preparation of audiovisual content for online distribution
- Gain valuable experience using technology as a vehicle for continuing education
- Edit PHA Online University content management system
- Create and update existing web content to ensure Search Engine Optimization (SEO) compliance
- Identify projects and areas of individual interest and work both independently and as a team
- Receive a transportation subsidy
- Have an interest in healthcare issues and in working in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrate relevant experience and interest in digital media communications
- Have an interest in video creation and be able to view and edit medical content with an eye for flow and continuity
- Be able to organize information and document research for future reporting
- Be organized, able to multi-task and think strategically
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for PHA, a resume and a 3-6 page writing sample. Cover letters can be addressed to Michael Gray, Director of Medical Services. Applications are only accepted through PHA's online Internship Application Form.