Interested in Starting a Support Group?
We define a support group as two or more people. It can be very simple or very elaborate depending upon where you live and the time you have to invest in starting up a group. We appreciate any time put into organizing patients, no matter the size of the group. Bringing patients together helps saves lives and promotes better health and happier living!
- Watch a Support Group 101 training video
- Learn about how to start a Young Adult Support Group
- Talk to a Support Group leader for advice
- See if your local PH treating physician can help
- Contact PHA to become officially recognized, Supportgroups@PHAssociation.orgor 301-565-3004 x755
- We’ll talk you through the process and help you with a plan of action for the first meeting.
- We’ll mail you a Support Group Leader Manual for the A to Z of starting a PH group.
- We’ll connect you with additional resources.
- Request a free Support Group Leader Manual and get started with PHA:
PHA Resources for Official PHA Support Groups
- A Support Group Website JUST for your group
- Access to a special leaders-only email group for ideas and breaking news
- Free educational materials, DVDs and a starter kit for your first meeting
- Direct advertising of your meetings to our patients and members
- Connection to industry sponsors who offer support, publicity and speakers
- Monthly trainings through our Second Tuesday webinars and conference calls
- Sponsorship for food at meetings