Inspiring Stories from Support Group Meetings
PHA Support Groups offer a welcoming place for patients to connect with one another. Support Group members' inspiration shines in the photos and stories that they share with the entire PH community.
Dr. Benza and his team show Pittsburgh Steeler’s Pride with Pittsburgh PH Support Group Leader Merle Reeseman
Read stories and meeting reports from local Support Groups
- Alabama Support Group Leader Donna Head secured a state proclamation
- This Fresno, Calif., Support Group meeting welcomed two newly diagnosed members
- The first meeting of the Bay Area Alabama PH Support Group was a great success!
- The Charm City Exhalers (Baltimore, Md.) fall meeting was "AWESOME"
- The Houston PH Support Group brought together 22 patients and community members
- Joy Gore, the Bullhead City, Ariz., Support Group Leader, received a present from a member
- The November meeting of the Mid-South Tennessee Support Group
- The Washington, D.C., Group met in October for a talk on PH emergencies
- The Northern Virginia PH Support Group met in the fall, 2012
- The Minn-Ia-Kota Group in South Dakota celebrated National Caregiver Appreciation Month in Nov.
- Zebra PHriends of North Texas featured on Good Morning Texas
- Soup Kitchen Boys: A Duo of Hope and Fun
- Portland-Metro Southwest Washington Support Group Picnic
- My First Support Group Meeting: Patients Share Their Experiences
- The PHA Support Group "Scoop" Fall 2012
- How the Port Charlotte Support Group Helped Me Fight back
- Our PH doctors are very much a part of the PHamily in Honolulu, Hawaii!
- Susan Tointon, RN, donated a banner to her Twin Cities, Minn. support group!
- The Springdale, Ark., Support Group met for the first time in April, 2012
- The Charleston, W.Va., PH Support Group used PH terminology for games at their party
- In spring, 2012, the Nassau, N.Y., PH Support Group met at Whole Foods in Jericho, N.Y.
- The PHA Support Group "Scoop", Spring 2012
- Allied Health Professionals Share Support Group Experiences
- The Corpus Christi, Texas, PH Support Group meeting, December, 2011
- The Fresno, Calif., Support Group brought 33 patients and caregivers together
- The Port Charlotte, Fla., Support Group hosted a “Spaghetti & Meatball Dinner and Dance”
- The D.C. Capital Breathers hosted a large holiday gathering, December 2011
- Valley of the Sun PH Support Group meeting in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Leaders Share Benefits When Recruiting Newcomers
- The PHA Support Group "Scoop", Winter 2011
- Valley of the Sun Holiday Hoe Down, December 2011
- Corpus Christi Secures City Proclamation, Fall 2011
- Dallas Support Group Sends Love to DC!, Fall 2011
- Support Groups are Priceless for Puerto Rican Patients, Fall 2011
- Sacramento Annual Picnic (Photo!), Summer 2011
- Lehigh-Poconos Support Group Goes Out to the Ballgame!, August 2011
- The PHA Support Group "Scoop", Fall 2011
- The PHA Support Group "Scoop", Summer 2011
- Spotlight on Support Groups: Santa Barbara, Summer 2011
- When Support Groups and PHA on the Road Collide, June 2011
- Orlando, Fla., Support Group Connects with PHA's Board of Trustees, March 2011
- Puerto Rico: Building a Movement One Support Group Meeting at a Time, December 2009
- July/August 2009 newsletter from the Birmingham (Ala.) Support Group (PDF)
- June 2008 newsletter from the Mid-south (Tenn.) Support Group (PDF)
- March 2008 newsletter from the Mid-south (Tenn.) Support Group
- First meeting of Victoria, Texas, Support Group, March 2008
- First meeting of the Hershey/Harrisburg, Penn., Support Group, February 2008
- New Support Group Leaders, February 2008
- Singapore Support Group Meeting, January 2008
- Southwest Va. PH Support Group Christmas Banquet, December 2007
- Stamford, Conn. Support Group Meeting, October 2007
- Phoenix and Tucson Support Group Meeting Report, October 2007
- Central Florida Support Group Meeting Report, September 2007
- August 2007 newsletter from the Mid-south (Tenn.) Support Group
- Central Florida Hears from A.C.C.E.S.S. and Caring Voices, June 2007
- Children’s PH Awareness Book Inspires Oklahoma City Flying for a Cure Kite Festival, May 2007
- North Texas Picnic, May 2007
- Support Group Work Leads to the Training of 18 Primary Care Doctors! Piedmont, N.C., March 2007
- Stamford, Conn. Inaugural Meeting, April 2007
“Care, Share, Be Aware:” The story behind our Support Group Logo and Slogan.
In 2004, PHA’s support group leaders voted for this design and slogan as the official logo for all of our groups nationwide. The slogan came out of the Southern Colorado Support Group. Leaders use this logo on business cards, flyers and any printed materials.