Applications for PH Care Centers accreditation are expected to become available in Q3 of 2014. Centers will complete an application that will assess the program in five areas: Center Director, Center Coordinator, Program Staff & Support Services, Facility and Clinical Research.
- Online Application Submission. PH programs interested in applying for accreditation by the PHCC initiative should first submit an application from the soon-to-be available application portal. The application is robust, which will allow the site reviewers to understand the context and competence of the PH care provided by your program. A detailed "Instructions for Applicants" document will be available during the open application period and will guide you through the process. Prior to the open application period, a number of template documents are included in a "Pre-launch Packet" and are available for you to use directly or modify as you feel appropriate. If at any point you have questions about the application process, you may contact PHA directly at PHCC@PHAssociation.org.
- Online Application Reviewed. To ensure that all components of your application have been completed, after submission your application will be reviewed by PHA staff members. Your application will be acknowledged within 2 business days and your program will be identified on the PHCC website as "Application Submitted." After a review for completion, PHA staff members will contact you to begin the site review scheduling process.
- Site Review. After your application has been received in full, a site review will be scheduled at a time that is convenient for integral members of your program. Two members of the PHCC Review Committee, a physician and a non-physician coordinator with extensive experience in PH diagnosis and management, will travel to your center to complete a day-long site visit. These site visits can vary, but the schedule will likely be similar to the outline below:
Meeting with Program Leadership
- Review Agenda
- Program Overview Presentation by Applicant Leadership
||Individual Meetings with Program Director and Program Coordinator
||Electronic Medical Record Orientation and Chart Review
||Interview with Clinical Research Support Staff
||Hospital Administrator Interview
||Visit to Inpatient Ward and Interview with Program Inpatient Support Team (PAH Clinical Specialist, Nursing Staff, Inpatient Pharmacist)
||Lunch with Site Team
||Interview with Patient
||Visit to Outpatient Clinic and Interview with Program Outpatient Support Team (PH Support Staff, Respiratory Therapy/Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
||Site Visitor Document Review and Program Discussion
||Wrap-up Meeting with the Program Medical Director and Coordinator to Give Immediate Feedback
- Accreditation Decision. After your site visit, the PHCC Review Committee will review documents from your application and notes from the site review. These will be considered in aggregate during the Review Committee's deliberations.
PHCC Application Packet
Members of the PHCC Leadership have finalized the PHCC Application Packet which is now available for you to download. This packet contains:
- PHCC Application Instructions
- PHCC Application
- Please note that macro-enabled versions of the application only function with Windows computers in conjunction with certain versions of Microsoft Word. If you are unable to use a macro-enabled version, please use the Word document versions of the application. For any questions, please contact PHCC@PHAssociation.org.
- PHA Business Associates Agreement Template
- PHA Scope of Work Template
- This is included for those institutions that require a Scope of Work, but is not necessary for submission.
- Institutional Letter of Support Template
- General Letter of Support Template
Download the PHCC Application Packet (.zip) today.
Submissions accepted at PHCC@PHAssociation.org.
Last Updated: September 29, 2014