PHA PHriends Application Form
Thank you for your interest in becoming a PHA PHriend for one of the following: Patient-to-Patient Support Line volunteer, PH Email Mentor Program and/or Online Chat Leader.
Please note that PHA does not reimburse Peer Support Volunteers for incoming calls, internet usage, etc. The majority of our volunteers have a home telephone (landline) or cell phone that with unlimited minutes.
We require the Patient-to-Patient Support Line volunteers to be unemployed, as calls come in during work and evening hours. However, employment status does not disqualify you from participating as a PH Email Mentor or Online Chat Leader. If you are still interested, please fill out the form below for consideration.
All potential candidates will be chosen based on written application, telephone interview/s and participation in PHA’s Orientation Training Program. PHA’s demographic needs will determine who is chosen, as well. PHA's peer support program strives to be as diverse as possible in terms of diagnoses, age, sex, cultural background, lifestyle and physical abilities while staying within the program parameters.
- Current PHA membership
- 2 years past date of diagnosis
- 18 years of age or older
An effective PHA PHriend:
- Has developed adaptive coping skills for living with PH
- Has an awareness of personal boundaries
- Has a desire to give back
- Has sufficient time to undertake training and provide support
- Has a friendly and approachable attitude
- Can provide hope, encouragement and understanding