Application and Selection Process
How to Apply
Attention: At this time the application deadline has passed and we are not accepting any more applications for this year.
Thank you very much for all who have submitted an application.
Selection of Grantees
All applications will be reviewed by a committee of PHA leaders. Applicants' names will be removed from the applications given to committee members to avoid bias. This year for the first time, the committee may respond to each application in one of three ways.
- The idea is funded as submitted.
- The idea is considered appropriate for a Lantos Grant provided the applicant takes two additional steps
- Working with a designated PHA volunteer grant advisor to further develop the plans
- Submitting a final draft proposal providing specific information requested by the committee
- The idea is not considered appropriate for Lantos Grant, and funding is declined.
The committee will not accept proposals that rely on the physical capabilities of a PH patient such as running or walking long distances to raise PH awareness.
Guidance in Carrying Out Funded Projects
We aim to meet all the needs of each grantee through guidance from our volunteer grant advisors and our PHA Lantos program staff. However, if a grantee requires additional guidance in areas such as writing copy, developing graphic design, revising the focus of a project, solving problems, etc., PHA may match the grantee with a consultant outside of PHA to provide the specific kinds of help needed. The funder of the Lantos Grants, Gilead, will cover these consulting fees only on an as-needed basis at the recommendation of PHA.