PHA is an organization empowered by hope. Our efforts are advanced by the willingness of those in our community to share their talents and ideas.
Through this program, PHA seeks to create new opportunities for those in the PH community to try out new ideas that hold the promise of more rapidly advancing our common cause. Ideas might include, but are not limited to, increased public awareness, education, resource development, advocacy or other initiatives bringing common benefit.
Each grant will be funded for a maximum of $5,000 in 2016.
Projects should focus on:
- Researching and developing innovative ways to raise awareness and foster service to the PH community;
- Extending the reach of an existing program that provides services to the PH community; or
- Reproducing an existing program that provides services to the PH community in another geographical region or area to address unmet needs.
Grant winners will:
- Completed projects are to include the following funding attribution, "This project was supported by a Tom Lantos Innovation in Community Service Award. The Pulmonary Hypertension Association's Tom Lantos Innovation in Community Service Award is funded by Gilead."
- Grantees will work with PHA staff to seek design approval prior to printing if projects refer to PHA programs and services.
Awards are made once per year. Applications for 2016 are now open. Applicants will be notified of their status in April 2015. Projects should be completed within a 12-month period with an approximate start date of April 2016.
Lantos Awards Limitations
This program is not designed to fund:
- Direct services, such as transportation to medical appointments
- Financial support to meet individual needs
- Fundraising events
The following are not eligible to receive an award:
- Any individual employed by PHA
- Any individual affiliated in any manner with Gilead
- Any healthcare professionals with any ability to prescribe or order any Gilead product, or influence the prescribing or ordering or formulary placement of any Gilead product