Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is a rare, debilitating disease in which high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs can lead to right heart failure.
From simple beginnings — four women who met around a kitchen table in Florida in 1991 — the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) has evolved into a community of over 16,000 PH patients, caregivers, family members and medical professionals. PHA's mission is to find ways to prevent and cure PH, and to provide hope to the community through support, education, research, advocacy and awareness.
Join our vibrant community, donate to support PHA's mission, or get involved in advancing the cause.
News & Events
- June 29 is World Scleroderma Day. Read PHA's resources on PH and scleroderma and learn more from the Scleroderma Foundation
- Don Stevenson, AKA the Pacing Parson, walks across America to support PHA! Learn how you can support the campaign
- Read the latest report on the Pacing Parson in the Havre (Mont.) Daily News; find more news coverage on our media page
- Register for a free webinar on Lung Transplantation for PH, with Dr. Patricia George, Weds., July 8, 3 p.m. ET
- Come to the PH Education Day in Seattle, Saturday, July 18! Learn more and register
- Join PHA on the Road in Philadelphia (July 25), Phoenix (Oct. 3), and St. Louis (Oct. 10)
- Team O2 breathe does the Race Across the West in support of pulmonary hypertension
- Nine more PH Care Centers receive accreditation, bringing total to 26 in the U.S.
- Fundraising for PHA just got a lot easier! Download the new, free PHA Events app for iPhone or Android
- PHA wins an APEX Award for Publication Excellence in the category of One-of-a-Kind Publications - Education & Training! Read more and check out our award-winning Advocacy Guide
Find more news & events on the PHA Daily Beat blog.
Featured Video: PHA on the Road, Atlanta, Ga.
Find a Doctor
Local Support Groups
Email a Mentor
Find a Chapter Event
Recursos en Español
Early Diagnosis Campaign
Medical Education Programs
PH Care Centers