Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is a rare, debilitating disease in which high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs can lead to right heart failure.
From simple beginnings — four women who met around a kitchen table in Florida in 1991 — the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) has evolved into a community of over 16,000 PH patients, caregivers, family members and medical professionals. PHA's mission is to find ways to prevent and cure PH, and to provide hope to the community through support, education, research, advocacy and awareness.
Join our vibrant community, donate to support PHA's mission, or get involved in advancing the cause.
News & Events
- PHA will commemorate PH Awareness Month in November with the theme of Coloring the World Periwinkle for 25 Years and a celebration of 25 Periwinkle Pioneers who have shaped PHA's history. Learn more and nominate someone to be a Periwinkle Pioneer; nominations are open until October 18
- Are you an artist interested in making a lasting contibution to PHA? Submit work to our Periwinkle Pioneers Art Contest
- 79-year-old Don Stevenson, aka the Pacing Parson, is making headway from Detroit to Toledo on his cross-country walk for PHA! Find coverage on our media page and support Don with a donation today
- Dr. Patricia George completes Paris-Brest-Paris race for Team PHenomal Hope in support of a cure for PH
- Join PHA's O2 breathe Walks at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore (Sun., Sept. 20) and at the Philadelphia Zoo (Sun., Oct. 4)
- Don't miss our unforgettable patient and family education events, PHA on the Road, in Phoenix (Oct. 3), and St. Louis (Oct. 10)
- Save the date for the 6th annual Colorado PH in the Park event in Denver, Sun., Oct. 4. Join us there or make a donation to support PH research and education
- Join Team O2 breathe at the Rock 'n' Roll Brooklyn™ Half Marathon on Sat., Oct. 10. Rock your way to the finish line with live music at every mile! Learn more and register
- Fundraising for PHA just got a lot easier! Download the new, free PHA Events app for iPhone or Android
- PHA wins an APEX Award for Publication Excellence in the category of One-of-a-Kind Publications - Education & Training! Read more and check out our award-winning Advocacy Guide
- PHA makes GreatNonprofit's Top-Rated list for 2015!
Find more news & events on the PHA Daily Beat blog.
Featured Video: PHA on the Road, Philadelphia, Pa.
Find a Doctor
Local Support Groups
Email a Mentor
Find a Chapter Event
Recursos en Español
Early Diagnosis Campaign
Medical Education Programs
PH Care Centers