Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is a rare, debilitating disease in which high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs can lead to right heart failure.
From simple beginnings — four women who met around a kitchen table in Florida in 1991 — the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) has evolved into a community of over 16,000 PH patients, caregivers, family members and medical professionals. PHA's mission is to find ways to prevent and cure PH, and to provide hope to the community through support, education, research, advocacy and awareness.
Join our vibrant community, donate to support PHA's mission, or get involved in advancing the cause.
News & Events
- Special summer camp gives PH patients experiences typically out of reach for kids with their condition
- FDA issues Drug Safety Announcement on Proglycem (diazoxide) in treatments of infants and newborns
- 79-year-old Don Stevenson, aka the Pacing Parson, is walking 3,000 miles cross-country for PHA! Support Don
- The Pacing Parson and PHA Executive Vice President, Carl Hicks, walk together and share their stories with WDAZ-ABC News in North Dakota. Watch the video and find more coverage on our media page
- Join PHA's O2 breathe Walk of Baltimore at the Maryland Zoo on Sunday, September 20. Register now
- Don't miss our unforgettable patient and family education events, PHA on the Road, in Phoenix (Oct. 3), and St. Louis (Oct. 10)
- Team O2 breathe does the Race Across the West in support of pulmonary hypertension
- Fundraising for PHA just got a lot easier! Download the new, free PHA Events app for iPhone or Android
- PHA wins an APEX Award for Publication Excellence in the category of One-of-a-Kind Publications - Education & Training! Read more and check out our award-winning Advocacy Guide
Find more news & events on the PHA Daily Beat blog.
Featured Video: PHA on the Road, Philadelphia, Pa.
Find a Doctor
Local Support Groups
Email a Mentor
Find a Chapter Event
Recursos en Español
Early Diagnosis Campaign
Medical Education Programs
PH Care Centers