Create a Public or Private Chat Room
You Can Chat Anytime
PHA provides hosted Online Support Group Chats each day of the week. You can also chat anytime by creating a PHA chat room. It can be public or private, requiring a password to enter.
Public or private rooms can be created any time. They will remain active as long as they have a user in them. Once they are empty, they disappear from the room listing.
Create Your Chat Room
- Go directly to the chat rooms
- Type the user name you would like to use in the chat room and click Connect.
- You will see a chat space, with chat users listed on the left; you are in the Chat Lobby.
- Click on the Roam link in the menu at the top of the chat space and choose Create Room. In the window that pops up, choose the Create Room tab.
- Type a name for your chat room. To create a private room, check the Add a Password box and type in a password.
- If you have invited others to join you in your chat room, just give them the room name and the password if the room is private. A private room name will be listed with a key icon next to it. When a person tries to enter they will be asked for the password.
Feel free to create and use chat rooms at PHA any time. Please remember, if you create the room and then leave it empty, it will disappear from the listing. You need to create it again to re-enter later. The room will remain in the listing as long as there is a user in it, even if it is not the user who created the room.
If you need further help or have any questions, please write to us at Chats@PHAssociation.org.