Making Connections to Stories in the Media Spotlight
When the spotlight of national or local media shines on an issue that affects the PH community, it’s a great opportunity to tell people about the connections between this issue and life with PH. This is called “piggybacking.”
You can utilize piggybacking in whatever type of outreach you choose to do. Consider writing a letter to the editor or an Op-Ed piece or pitch your personal story in the context of these issues.
Piggybacking issues may include:
- Health insurance issues, including cost
- Airline oxygen and other travel issues
- PH-related legislation and 435 Campaign Action alerts
- Highlighting the work of PH treatment centers or other medical facilities in your area
- Your upcoming Support Group or fundraising event
- PHA sponsored events you are attending
For help preparing your media outreach contact MediaAction@PHAssociation.org.