Medical Education: Marketing & Communications Internship
Intern Video Journal
Marketing and Communications
Not Currently Available
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA’s Marketing & Communications Internship in Patient Education offers students a structured experience working with PHA’s staff and constituents to assist in the research, development and implementation of marketing for PHA’s major education initiatives. The Marketing & Communications Intern will be instrumental in helping PHA staff develop and market educational resources for patients and caregivers whose lives are affected by pulmonary hypertension. The internship will prepare the intern for a career in the marketing and communications field by providing an opportunity to participate in creating an exciting social marketing campaign as well as develop internal and external communication strategies. Interns will be given the opportunity to lead these projects based on their ability, passion and interests.
- Create a marketing and communications campaign for PHA Classroom
- Redesign www.PHAssociation.org/Classroom to meet patient and caregiver needs
- Utilize data collected through participant evaluations to assess educational needs and preferences to incorporate into future educational initiatives
- Write and edit patient and caregiver targeted content, such as brochures and website content
- Develop communication materials for outreach to medical professionals and patients through social media and print materials
- Identify projects and areas of individual interest and work both independently and in teams to achieve goals
- Receive a transportation subsidy
Interns should have:
- An understanding and strong interest in social media marketing, communications and graphic design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An interest in healthcare issues, particularly health education, and in working in a non-profit environment
- The ability to think creatively and strategically, as well as multi-task
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work both independently and in teams
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.