Information Technology Internship
Not currently available
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals dedicated to finding a way to prevent and cure pulmonary hypertension (PH). PHA is committed to maintaining the organization’s volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by PH to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
PHA’s Information Technology internship offers students a structured experience working with PHA’s staff to assist with computer and technology needs. The internship will prepare the intern for a career in the information technology field by providing a better understanding of the overall professional office environment as well as technology needs of a non-profit.
- Gain valuable experience in the field of information technology
- Ensure that all computers are running the latest updates
- Assist with IT purchases and integration of items into our technology tracking system
- Provide computer support to on- and off-site staff, as needed
- Complete other duties, as assigned
- Receive a transportation subsidy
- Have an interest in information technology
- Have solid knowledge of Microsoft programs, experience with Windows 7 a plus
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be enthusiastic about working as part of a team; be able to work independently
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.