PHA is an organization empowered by hope. Our efforts are advanced by the willingness of those in our community to share their talents and ideas.
Through this program, PHA seeks to create new opportunities for those in the PH community to try out new ideas that hold the promise of more rapidly advancing our common cause. Ideas might include, but are not limited to, increased public awareness, education, resource development, advocacy or other initiatives bringing common benefit.
Each grant will be funded for a maximum of $5,000, and up to 10 grants will be awarded in 2013.
Projects should focus on:
- Researching and developing innovative ways to raise awareness and foster service to the PH community;
- Extending the reach of an existing program that provides services to the PH community; or
- Reproducing an existing program that provides services to the PH community in another geographical region or area to address unmet needs.
Awards are made once per year. Applications must be received by PHA by Feb. 27, 2013. The Lantos Awards Committee will review applications and approve awards by March 15, 2013. Applicants will be notified of their status in April 2013. Projects should be completed within a 12-month period with an approximate start date of May 2013.
Lantos Awards Limitations
This program is not designed to fund:
- Direct services, such as transportation to medical appointments
- Financial support to meet individual needs
- Fundraising events
The following are not eligible to receive an award:
- Any individual employed by PHA
- Any individual affiliated in any manner with Gilead
- Any healthcare professionals with any ability to prescribe or order any Gilead product, or influence the prescribing or ordering or formulary placement of any Gilead product