Social Media Internship
Available Summer & Fall 2013
Are you obsessed with social networking? Do you feel you have a strong online presence and distinctive voice? Think you have what it takes to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment?
PHA is seeking a Social Media Intern with an enthusiastic personality, articulate verbal and written communication skills, and who is up-to-date with all of the latest social media trends. The best candidate is a team player, as the intern will play a key role with PHA’s various social media teams across our social networks.
- Create and execute plans that communicate key initiatives and messages across multiple platforms
- Find relevant articles and other links to share, inform and spark conversation
- Identify and reach out to relevant online communities
- Maintain a database of key people to reach on social media, including associated disease organizations, medical associations, et al.
- Research and implement new ways to leverage social media to advance PHA's goals
- Track the effectiveness of our e-communications with analytics and help use this information to test new strategies and develop best practices
- Write and post to various communications channels, including: Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, email groups, email alerts, website, et al.
- Help increase the number of subscriptions to our various e-communications
- Help manage the organization's e-channels editorial calendar
- Receive a transportation subsidy
- Express a strong interest in online engagement and a passion for new media
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Be familiar with social media management tools
- Be able to demonstrate experience conducting online research
- Have experience blogging or micro-blogging
- Be motivated, highly organized and personable
- Be able to work well with teams
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.