Social Media & e-Marketing Internship
Intern Video Journal
Social Media & e-Marketing
Social Media & e-Marketing
Available for Spring & Summer, 2015
If you are looking to learn how you can use social media and other e-communications tools, such as blogging and email, in your future career while developing a sizable portfolio of writing samples, this is the internship for you.
PHA is seeking a Social Media & e-Marketing Intern with an enthusiastic personality, articulate verbal and written communication skills, and who uses at least one social media site. This internship requires a team player, as you will coordinate PHA’s e-marketing editorial calendar and work with staff members across the organization to help them communicate through our various e-channels.
- Create and execute plans that communicate key initiatives and messages across multiple platforms
- Write and post to various communications channels, including: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Blogger, Pinterest, email groups, email alerts, website, et al.
- Use images to enhance PHA's messages online
- Find relevant articles and other links to share, inform and spark conversation
- Identify and reach out to relevant online communities and thought leaders, including associated disease organizations and health reporters
- Track the latest trends in social media, technology and communications
- Research and implement new ways to leverage social media to advance PHA's goals
- Track the effectiveness of our e-communications with analytics and help use this information to test new strategies and develop best practices
- Help increase the number of subscriptions to our various e-communications
- Help manage the organization's e-channels editorial calendar
- Receive a transportation subsidy
- Express a strong interest in online engagement and a passion for new media
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Be familiar with social media tools
- Be able to demonstrate experience conducting online research
- Be motivated, highly organized and personable
- Be able to work well with teams
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in PHA and the internship, a resume and a short writing sample. Cover letters should be addressed to Diane Greenhalgh, Director, Web Services. Applications are only accepted through PHA's online Internship Application Form.