TIPS FOR TRAVEL
Patients are encouraged to talk to their medical care team to plan their participation in Conference. Below you will find useful information on traveling with PH, tools to help with your planning, and a list of local resources.
The most important tip for any traveler who is flying or taking a train or bus is to inform the airline or rail service you are using about your special needs. While making your reservations it is important to point out the use of a wheelchair, oxygen, Flolan or Remodulin pumps, any and all medications, etc. If you require oxygen onboard an aircraft, please be sure to check with your airline ahead of time for their policies and for assistance with arrangements. Taking care of your needs in advance is the best insurance for travel!
Please follow the motto, “Always be over prepared.”
Information for Patients Attending Conference
- Freezers: Freezers and ice packs will be available 24 hours a day during Conference for your use. They will be accessible Wednesday, June 18 - Monday, June 23.
- Refrigerators: If you need a refrigerator in your hotel room, it is your responsibility to request it when making your hotel reservation. Please remind the hotel this is for medical needs.
- Oxygen: If you require oxygen, please make prior arrangements for your time at Conference. Neither PHA, nor the hotel, will be able to assist you in this area; however the hotel can receive your oxygen supplies and deliver them to your room.
- The Patient Rest Stop: If you are not staying overnight at the hotel, a hospitality room for patients – The Patient Rest Stop – will be available for patients to store their extra tanks and liquid oxygen.
- Wheelchairs: A limited number of wheelchairs will be on hand for emergency situations only. If you feel you will require the use of a wheelchair for the duration of Conference, please plan accordingly by making alternate arrangements.