MeetingS Planning Internship
Available Summer & Fall 2013
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
The Meetings Planning Internship offers students a structured experience working with PHA’s staff and constituents to assist in planning for the PH Professional Network Symposium in September 2013. This critical support will enable us to provide a quality meeting experience for the medical professionals who attend this event.
- Gain valuable experience in the field of meetings and events planning
- Assist with meeting details including tracking registration, following up with registrants to ensure that all attendees are accounted for and assisting with meeting space setups and menus
- Help coordinate promotional items for the Symposium
- Aid in the organization and preparation of shipping PHA materials to meetings
- Offer support coordinating travel logistics for event speakers and PHA staff
- Assist in research to further develop the interal guide to meeting planning
- Help in the field trip site selection process for children attending PHA's 11th International PH Conference & Scientific Sessions in Indianapolis, Ind. (June 2014)
- Complete other projects as assigned
- Receive a transportation subsidy
- Have an interest in meeting and events planning
- Have solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; additional computer ability a plus
- Be able to organize information and document results for future reporting
- Be able to think creatively and strategically, as well as multi-task
- Possess strong oral and written commincation skills
- Be able to work well with teams
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.