MeetingS Planning Internship
Intern Video Journal
Available Summer 2014
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a fast-growing association of patients, family members and medical professionals impacted by this often misdiagnosed and difficult illness. PHA is committed to maintaining the organization's volunteer spirit and to building opportunities for those affected by pulmonary hypertension to be involved in solutions to the challenges the illness creates.
The Meetings Planning Internship offers students a structured experience working with PHA’s staff and constituents to assist in planning for PHA's 2014 PH Conference and Scientific Sessions. This critical support will enable us to provide a quality meeting experience to the 1500 patients, caregivers and medical professionals who attend this event.
- Gain valuable experience in the field of meetings and events planning
- Assist with logistical details for auxiliary events associated with the 2014 Conference
- Help organize and prepare PHA materials to be shipped to meetings
- Assist with registration processing and Raiser's Edge entry
- Support financial processing for the Conference Scholarship Program
- Answer constituents' questions regarding Conference
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Meetings Planning Associate
- Receive a transportation subsidy
- Have an interest in meeting and events planning
- Have solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; additional computer ability a plus
- Be able to organize information and document results for future reporting
- Be able to think creatively and strategically, as well as multi-task
- Possess strong oral and written commincation skills
- Be able to work well with teams
- Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
We offer both part-time and full-time internships. You will be treated as a respected team member, and our office provides a friendly and welcoming environment. If you would like to design a project that helps you meet your educational goals, we will work with you to achieve this. Interns may also earn college credit. Our office is located in downtown Silver Spring, Md., and is Metro accessible.
How to Apply
Materials should include a cover letter explaining your interest in working for PHA, a resume and a 3-6 page writing sample. Please submit your application using PHA's online application. The cover letter should be written to the attention of Danielle Clifford, Meetings Planning Associate.