CTEPH Awareness Day
November 15, 2016
Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) is a form of PH caused by old blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary emboli). CTEPH Awareness Day will be held during Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Month on November 15 to increase awareness of this type of PH, the methods for diagnosis and the available treatment options.
Learn About CTEPH
Just as pulmonary hypertension cannot be diagnosed without a right-heart catheterization, a CTEPH diagnosis requires a ventilation/perfusion scan (V/Q scan) and/or a pulmonary angiogram. CTEPH is an often overlooked form of PH. Check out the following web resources from PHA to learn more:
Share Your CTEPH Story
If you are living with CTEPH, we’d like to hear your story! Help us paint a better picture of what life is like with CTEPH. Share your CTEPH story today.
Read stories of diagnosis and survival that others have shared.
PHA is excited to offer a webinar this year for CTEPH Awareness day:
- Imaging in PH (For Patients) — Details coming soon!
- Get a Refresher! Check out recordings of past years’ webinars.
- Post your event/activity. It’s not too late to post your CTEPH Awareness Day event to the PHANews.org calendar; please email your event details to CTEPH@PHAssociation.org.
- Get media attention. Customize and distribute the CTEPH Awareness Day News Release.
- Join and share our Thunderclap event before 9:00 a.m. ET on November 15. Supporting our Thunderclap event allows you to quickly spread CTEPH Awareness across your entire social media network, ensuring that #CTEPHAwarenessDay and #BUSTCTEPH are “trending” online on November 15! Pledge your support for PHA's Thunderclap event.
- Tweet, Tweet! Our CTEPH Awareness Day Twitter Chat takes place on November 15 at 12:00 p.m. ET. Follow and participate using #CTEPHchat.
- Raise awareness on social media! Use and customize our sample social media messages and download some of our shareable images and graphics.
- Change your social media profile images to show your support for CTEPH Awareness Day.
- Show your Selfie! Download, print and personalize our “I BUST CTEPH by” or “I BUSTed CTEPH by” signs. Take a photo or create a 15-second video and upload it to Instagram. Don’t forget to wear your BUST CTEPH wristband!
- Join our Facebook event and follow PHA on Twitter for updates in real time. Remember to use #CTEPHAwarenessDay and #BUSTCTEPH to connect with the global community.
- Don't forget to send photos, video, recap reports and comments to CTEPH@PHAssociation.org!
Are you planning your own CTEPH Awareness Day celebration? PHA is offering a limited number of small grants of up to $1,200 to PH centers hosting CTEPH Awareness Day events in 2016. Please submit your application by October 31, 2016 for best consideration.